Friday, October 13, 2006

Woo Hoo... DAY 5!!!!

This morning my tummy is really gurgling... not hunger, just gurgle. Also couldn't sleep again, and was up several times peeing.... Mind you, between the glasses of lemonade, the tea and the (I counted yesterday) 20 glasses of water I have been drinking!

Oh and I am losing weight (contrary to my whining in an earlier post!). Put on my test pants today (the ones I wear to determine if I'm losing weight... and looser, not hugely loose, but loose, these pants were snug a week and a half ago and I have lost on my calves because I put on a pair of knee high boots that I normally struggle to zip up... the zipper went up with ease!

Am also sticking to 6 glasses today. I also seem to have bought the worlds most sour lemons. Yesterday and today's batches are VERY tart. But I don't want to add extra maple syrup.

The Why

Ok someone asked me to explain a bit about the fast and why I'm doing it.

The fast is from a book by Stanley Burroughs titled The Master Cleanser. It's not a fad thing, this guy has done his research and Buddist Monks have been fasting for centuries. Many religions fast as well as part of a holiday or leading up to one. It is a 10 day cleanse that you should do 3 to 4 times a year. The next time I will be doing it is in January.

There are many benefits from the fast:
A healthier you.
Detox
Weight Loss
Healing (there are testimonials in the book and all over the web of people who did the cleanse and got rid of illness)
Breaking habits (such as drinking/smoking/caffiene)

I'm doing it to detox (have become vegan and want to purge my body of the bad crap, so I continue on with a clear system) and for the weight loss aspect. I am over weight and have always struggled with my weight and this will help kick start my metabolism so I can continue to loose weight.

I hope I covered it all.

1:00 pm - just got back from lunch and power walked everywhere, not on purpose either, it's windy and cold out! I figured I would be tired afterward... I'm not! Need to go to Carrot tonight to buy more maple syrup and peppermint tea. I have quite a bit left but would rather have extra, just in case, plus, it's yummy and I will use it afterward!

Also, not hungry. Thirsty, but not hungry at all.

forgot to mention, I have been measuring myself. Have lost an inch on my waist and tummy and about half an inch on my hips

also check out these blogs... they are janis and viki. they are also doing the fast.

3:15 pm - hmmm.. tis after 3 and am only getting hungry now. The book said eventually the hunger will subside, so for me it seems to be happening on Day 5.

7:55 pm - ok... I seem to only be getting hungry now. So am drinking glass 5.5. I have tonnes of work to do this weekend so lots to distract me, tomorrow is day 6. I need to go make some peppermint tea. My tummy had this odd heavy feeling, there is nothing there, yet it is heavy! I also need to drink the laxative tea later and I only had a very small bowel movement this morning and nothing all day. In these last 5 days I have talked more about poo than in my entire life!!!!!!!!

I am also craving miso soup. Way to go Viki! And prior to that stood in The Big Carrot salivating, but put the blinders on and got what I needed. Oh and they must have just baked something... I thought I was going to lose it!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is day 6... we are coasting now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell us more about the fast:
-what exactly are you doing?
-where did you learn of it?
-why are you partaking?