Thursday, October 12, 2006

DAY 4 Maple syrup makes you fat

Ok then, so I keep looking to see if I've lost weight, actually measured myself last night and will do so every evening. Am disappointed that I don't seem to have lost or at least I don't think I have. Then Viki told me about the maple syrup we are using. It is mega high in calories, so I either have to cut back on how many glasses I drink. or, cut back on the syrup.

Day 1 = 6 glasses
Day 2 = 10 glasses
Day 3 = 11 glasses

One of the reasons, aside from the detox, that I am doing this is to lose some of my extra weight to help me kick start my metabolism. If I do the full 10 days and don't lose the weight I will be VERY upset!

12:32 pm - ok so far I have only had 3 glasses, two when I woke up and one when I got to work and I wasn't getting hungry. Am a bit now but want to try and hold off till around 1:30 to have the next. Janis suggested I drink one every three hours and that should result in weight loss. I think I got a bit carried away yesterday. Being at work I am surrounded by people who eat ALL DAY LONG and it was getting to me. I wasn't hungry at all, just trying to stop hunger. So...

2:15 pm - still not hungry. haven't had glass 4 yet. will hold off till I actually feel hungry. am sipping on tea instead. Overall am feeling ok. I did notice that around 6 pm yesterday I crashed a bit. I did a bunch of running around afterwork and probably shouldn't have kept my normal breakneck pace! Another think I am learning is I need to slow down!

4:00 pm - odd but true, I am craving foods right now that I use to eat before, I became vegetarian.... what's that all about??? I also had to cancel lunch with someone today because I couldn't handle the thought of watching someone eat!!!

There are benefits to this fast as well. It saves a tonne of time when I go home. I don't have to prepare dinner :)

4:50 pm - not hungry at all!!!! and I just saw SNOW!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO

7:40 pm - am only drinking glass #5 now. Not hungry at all today! Am tired, but that is due to not sleeping well. And I swear I forgot the maples syrup in this batch as it gets more and more sour with each glass! Also on my way home I had to dash to the bathroom before I got to the subway. My stomach was suddenly upset and I needed to 'clear it out'. Who knew that after 4 days there could still be stuff in there! I know EW!

I probably should have done this before going Vegan, but am glad I am doing it now and will do it 3 or 4 times a year. It's not that hard at all, you just have to get through the first two days and voila. Of course after this, only decaf coffee and herbal tea. I'm not going through withdrawal again!!!

Am going to finish this glass, make tea and chill. Normally I would be working my ass off till all hours but have been trying to chill and go to bed early. I think that is also helping.

No comments: