Monday, January 16, 2006

national velvet

Having an mp3 player has become a bit of a problem... you see I am now downloading like crazy and can't seem to keep up with the ever grow list of music I want. I have become obsessed with downloading music that I loved when I was a teenager. One group I have been trying to find mp3's for and am having no luck is National Velvet. Does anyone remember them? They were this uber cool Goth rock group from the 80's. I was very intrigued by Maria Del Mar their lead singer. I use to listen to their album over and over again!!! I would love to know what became of them. I know that a few years ago the bassist passed away, but that is all I know. It's too bad they weren't more successful than they were.

The other thing downloading all this music from the 80's had reminded me is that today's music no longer has meaning to it. Sad isn't it. Music now is just noise. What happened to lyrics that mean something. Dark, foreboding and meaningful. I miss trying to find meaning in a song.

No comments: