Wednesday, January 04, 2006

knitty, knit, knit, knit...

I have been an avid knitter since I was young. I may have been nine when my mother unsuccessfully tried to teach me... I swear I am suppose to be a lefty, because I just couldn't follow what she was doing... she became frustrated and gave up... my Gran Betty was the one who sorta of successfully taught me... she basically said sit across from me and do what I am doing... so I did... and mirrored her... resulting in me knitting a bit backwards...


who cares... it worked... In high school I knitted entire outfits for myself... in college my mitten and scarves... I knitted people gifts... knitted for the heck of it... knit, knit, knit...

The last two years have been crazy busy for me and I haven't really picked the sticks up other than to move them to another location... Late October I decided everyone was getting something knitted for Yule and I started again... I somehow forgot how relaxing it was... 7 scarves later and I am once again addicted. Currently I am knitting the skull illusion scarf for Viki... once my youngest stepson saw it he decided he wanted one to... I am making him the alien illusion one...

so on I knit.. on and on and on... I have even joined a knitting group in my area... I was suppose to go to my first meeting last night but work got in the way... am hoping to get Viki involved as well as she is interested in learning...

I knit... therefore I am...

No comments: