Thursday, December 29, 2005

I will never be a size six

Ever notice when you go shopping that the only sizes that ever seem to be left on the rack during a sale or xs or size 6. Or that all the of the clothes are sized to fit women with no hips. Unless I accidently landed on the planet stick women... I am in trouble.

I think the last time I was a size six was when I was six. It wouldn't matter if I lost enough weight to make me skeletal... I will just never be a size six. I was born with useless child bearing hips and there is just no way to get rid of them and last time I checked... I have an ass. So why is it that designers still insist, even after sales prove that women need larger sizes, on useing size zero or size one as their base size. Can't they get it through their thick skulls that the average women today is a size 12... not a 6...

I have also come to the conclusion that designers also think that all women are 6'5" tall... every pair of cuffed pants I tried on were at least 6" too long... which is odd because I am almost 5'8" and about a year and a half ago, I couldn't find pants long enough... go figure, huh!

So unless I get in a time machine and go back to grade one... don't count on me being a size 6...

2 comments:

loulou said...

Perhaps someday they will realize that the size 6's don't sell because NO ONE is really a size 6!

shebytches said...

and stop sizing everything to fit girls... women have hips!!!!!!!!!!!