Thursday, December 15, 2005

50's Horror B Movies

I love anything to do with the period from 1945-1965. Everything seemed so uncomplicated then, the clothes are sexy, men actually made an effort to dress well and I love the cars!!! I also love movies from that period. Especially the horror movies.

The last two nights while trying to finish up xmas knitting, I have had the opportunity to watch Revenge of the Creature and Trantula on Scream. Try as hard as they may, the movie tries to make the creatures out to be bad and have us cheer when they are killed. In the case of the creature I didn't cheer. I felt bad for him. He was ripped out of his home to be put on display in a public aquqarium, then tortured and tormented. The scientists did cruel experiments on him to see what he was made up of. I felt sorry for the creature, caged and scared.

I was also hoping he would get his revenge. But it never came. Sure he kidnapped the lovely female scientist and dragged her around for a bit, but in the end he was killed in hail of bullets. Where was his revenge?

Tonight Scream is showing the original King Kong with Faye Ray and then the 1978 version with Jessica Lang. Another creature that suffered by the hands of evil humans.

No comments: