Monday, November 28, 2005

I think my Sunday's have turned into Mondays!!!

I was having what seemed to be a really nice weekend! Sat I went to One of a Kind with some of the coolest chicks on the planet and made a new friend. I somehow managed to control my spending and didn't go broke at this show. I was finally able to get to Future Bakery and fullfil my mash potatoes and mushroom gravy craving!!! Sat evening I was finally able to spend some quality time with my honey, though things didn't end up working out as we had originally planned. Then came Sunday...

I was actually able to sleep in for a change... I am still not sure how that happened... but it did... After eating and such, I decided to go get groceries... all seemed to be going well... I was finding all the things I needed and then some... although the grocery store was crammed with people, for a change I didn't have tonnes of people shoving their carts into me or cutting me off... that all changed when I was packing my groceries and about to leave...

I am known far and wide for my ability to attact religous freaks and creepy little people. Sunday was no exception. As I was packing up my groceries a creepy, dirty little guy came up behind me and asked if I had ever tried the pizza's I had just purchased before. I said, "Sorry, no I havent'." I figured that would be the end of the conversation. He then started to talk to me and since I was concentrating on getting packed and get the hell out of the grocery store... I of course wasn't listening to him. He then rudely said "Excuse me I am talking to you." At which point I must have given him the stare of death because he retorted. "Excuse me, I thought you were nice, your not and you have a attitude problem. You have an attitude problem!" Then he walked away. So apparently I have an attitude problem!!! Ok then!

So then if the that wasnt' enough.. I waited 20 minutes for the bus. When you are loaded down with groceries.. 20 minutes is a very long time. When it finally came it was of course packed... so I stood for the 15 minute bus ride. After struggling to get off the bus, then down all the stairs and into the subway, I see the platform is crammed full of people. This was a bad sign. I put all my bags down to take a breather and in the meantime an announcement came on. And as with all TTC announcement... I couldn't understand a word that was being said. Someone who went up to the ticket booth found out that subway was completely shut down from Vic Park to Yonge with no idea of why or when it would start again and that shuttle buses where on the Danforth (that's a really bad sign). So I lugged the groceries back up the millions of stairs and took a cab!!!
By the time I got home I was fed up, exhausted and frustrated.. at least the cab driver wasn't annoying and smelly!!!

No comments: