Tuesday, November 22, 2005

And it's only Tuesday!

So today has started out... complete Shite! I almost left my house without my glasses... once again was tripping over recycling bins, because the 'santitation workers' can't seem to throw the bins more than 3 inches... then I get to the subway... 15 year olds blocking all the doors to the train... I once again had to force my way through the doors... only to notice the middle parts of the train had no bodies what so ever... WHY MUST THEY BLOCK THE DOORS!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like they are getting off at the next stop... and you would think after having several people at each stop push into you would be enough for you to want to move!!!!!!!! But then again... teenages between the ages of 13-17 these days are lazy, selfish, selfcentred, no manners, disrepecting, video playing asses!!! I am sick to death of them as well. I am tired of hearing the way they talk to their parents and other adults around them. I am sick of the way they treat public property. I am sick of seeing them on the subway.

Oh not to worry I remember being that age. I remember being 13. I am not acting like those old codgers who go on about 'back in my day'. That's not what I am doing, I was 13 once but was a very responsible 13 year old who had no life as I had to be home right after school each day to look after my siblings. I was taught to respect my elders and use good manners. If my parents found out I was being rude or blocking subway doors I was punished. I wasn't allowed to sit in front of a TV for hours at a time, we didn't even get cable till I was sixteen! I had chores, was encouraged to read, write and do art. Video games where unheard of in our household. And when they were introduced we were only allowed to use them for short periods of time.

But on the lighter side, my loverly friend BB the F has sent me a link to a website and an amazing service here in toronto. Eat My Words! It is a cake delivery service and the make stunning cakes, delivered in a blue hat box!!!

V has just reminded me of another fab website and group out there called Church Of Craft. Check them out, they are also having a craft sale on Dec 4 at the Rivoli.

For the zinesters out there.... check out this website and book your table.. they are going fast...

No comments: