Monday, March 27, 2006

wide awake

a few things I realized because of last weeks events:

~EVERYONE needs to stop smoking. It's a major cause of stroke, lung and heart disease and probably a large factor in regards to my father having a stroke. I don't want anyone else to go through this.
~I have some really great friends who care about what is going on with me. I was suppose to hang out with two of them Sat night but just couldn't do it. I have had stomach issues all week because the stress and I was in a major anti social mood. I have snapped out of it.
~I am awake now. I will not be 66 years old suffering an illness and wishing I had lived my dreams. I may be 39, but I know exactly what that dream is now and I am going to fulfill it. My father wanted to be a song writer but never lived his dreams. It's not too late and when he is better I am going to remind him of it. I am also now going to be extremely selfish with my time. No more additional projects. The focus is on me and my work. No one else can do it for me.
~I am a writer because of my father. My father is an incredible story teller. So am I and it is something I inherited from him.
~Live my life with no regrets and enjoy it!

1 comment:

viki said...

Yay !! Yes I watched "Thank you for smoking " on the weekend and while it was brilliant and funny it was sad at the same time. No one should smoke. And you are a brilliant writer....get your dad writing songs !!! Life is long....