Monday, March 06, 2006

I need to get out of my basement.

I need to get out of my basement. Really, I mean that literally. In case you are wondering no I am not a troll... though some days.... you see my office is down there... I was down there till quite late last night, working, writing, wondering what it would be like if I was able to do it full time... during the day, so I would have my evenings free.

This need to get out of my basement walloped me some time after midnight last night. I had finally emerged, sat in front theTV for 15 minutes and caught the last half of Sex In the City. The Ep where Carrie gets to be a model in a fashion show and falls down during her strut along the runway. Seeing this made me realize a few things.

~the whole getting out the basement thing - because I spend so much time down there I missed out on a very entertaining show (Sex In the City), and only realized it after it has already been cancelled. What else am I missing out on.
~If a show like Sex In the City can make it on HBO (and when I say that I mean, a show about a bunch of women who are smart and interesting and funny, where the women have the power... take a look around, these kinds of shows are rare) so can something I've created.
~I'm really not working hard enough, I need to fast track my books and get them to the point where a publisher will love them... which means I won't be getting out of the basement anytime soon... but when I do, it will all be worth it...
~how even more disgusted I am in the entertainment world... there is no original anything anymore. I refuse to go to the movies because of it and have little interest in televison as well. I purposely didn't watch the Oscars for those reasons. Though I was happy when Philip Seymour Hoffman won for best actor. It was well deserved. Oh wait... another reason I can't come out of my basement... I need to help Hollywood solve it's problem.

Well.. at least I can't get a sunburn down there.

No comments: