Thursday, March 30, 2006

I cannot STAND nylons.

I cannot STAND nylons. With spring here, I want to start wearing skirts more often, but it's just a wee bit too cold to go barelegged... so I have to struggle with nylons. A man must have invented them because I view them as a torture device. I have yet to find a pair that:

a) fits properly... when it says it is XTall, fits up to 5"11" and 200 lbs (neither of which I am) I not only expect them to fit... but have extra room.
b) have yet to snag... I can never wear the same pair twice and am unlikely to make it out of my house with out a hole. this morning I lasted 5 minutes in them
c) would like to not have to struggle to keep my balance when putting them on... someone could video tape me and sell it to funniest home video.... I look like a circus freak!

That same man probably also invented the underwire bra, the corset and the girdle... that man is evil!

3 comments:

viki said...

Nylons had to have been invented by man, with the hope that all woman all thin and leggy. However even though the bra was indeed invented by a woman, I am sure man had something to do with the underwire aspect !!! Heaven forbid we not have the proper cleavage !!

Anna said...

I can't wear nylons because I always put holes in them. By the time I've put them on I've got ladders running up them and I look hideous. I also have no sense of balance and usually topple over anytime I try to put the bloody things on. Death to nylons!

Anna said...

I hate nylons as well becuase I can never get the crotch to line up properly. I always feel twisted. And I poke holes in them. And I laso have a poor sense of balance and always end up on the floor. Death to Nylons.