Wednesday, March 01, 2006

new toys and shiney things

Ah... the beauty of a new computer... though the money I put towards my new iBook should have paid off some of the credit card... I well decided to splurge on me!!! I have had my other mac... a powerbook for 6.5 years. I finally got to a point where I couldn't upgrade it any longer and it was time for a newer model.

I was a like child last night on Christmas morning anxious to get my new toy, to get home and set it up. I was up till one am playing with it. Setting up the internet, adding my perifials, then came time to install my software. I use Dreamweaver, photoshop, illustrator, office and quark... guess what I found out... you can't install any software for os 9 on an os X machine. NONE OF IT!!!

What to do! What to do!!! I was able to solve my Office problem. Turns out you can save your work in Apple works as a word file. Whew!!! Now for the other 4. I will figure it out. I always do. In the meantime, my older baby can still do the work. Tonight I now need to go home and re arrange my desk to suit two laptops... will actually look kinda cool... like a real office...

Now I sit anxiously awaiting 5 pm so I can go home and play... play... PLAY!!!

No comments: