Wednesday, February 22, 2006

get your freak on...

I've now confirmed the conclusion that my neighbours think I am a freak. Why? Each time I see one of them they make this face. The "OH, God it's her, what do I do, do I turn around and pretend to have forgotten to lock my door. Do I turn around and walk back to my house. Do I smile and hope she doesn't eat me alive??? " You know the look... I got that look again this morning as I walked down my front steps just as a neighbour approached. They stopped dead in their tracks. Not sure what to do. I decided to make them talk to me. I have never seen someone so uncomfortable before in my life.

I am sure you are wondering what it is that I have done to make my neighbours feel that way. I am a nice person, don't get me wrong and anyone who truly knows me will tell you that. Our house looks nice and tidy. The paint isn't even chipping. It's a nice neighbourhood with many elderly people and yuppies with young children....except for us of course... you see I am a creative person, and all of my friends are creative. Writers, artists, musicians... many of them with tattoos, dressed in black and with multiple piercings... and when you see these types of people come and go on a regular basis, well the neighbours don't know what to think... but, rather... they just assume. She has freaks going in her house... means she is a freak... What ever... At least I can hold an interesting conversation.

2 comments:

LYD said...

They might also be interested in getting in touch with their expressive side and see you as a good contact to make, but are unsure how to approach you.

viki said...

FREAKS RULE !!!!!!