Monday, May 29, 2006

me complain?

I am not going to complain about the heat. I'm not. I may be melting, but after the crap weather on the may 24th long weekend, I welcome the warmth! Just wish some of this excess fat would melt off!

What I am going to complain about is the TTC. You know, the only public transit system taht went on strike today without giving us fair warning... you know.. those idiots!!! I understand why their reasons for going on strike, but don't feel there actions made sense. There were other venues they could have taken to air their greivances. Not put 700,000 commuters in a bind. Fortunately I have a decent and understanding boss who told me it was ok just to stay at home for the day.

I do have to say that I did get quite a bit done. I am making progress on a short story I am writing for a submission, some paperwork out of the way, got the new issue of shebytches.com up in record time and am progressing on the book I am reading. 'The Jazz Age' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I don't remember the last time I was able to just sit back and read for a few hours, in my back yard, listening to the birds.

Back to the 9 to 5 tomorrow, which I hope will soon turn into me sitting at home and writing and getting paid for it.

cs

No comments: