Monday, April 24, 2006

My long trip to see my parents.

I finally made it to my home town to see my parents and to see how my father is doing since his stroke. I only went for the weekend and that is about as much of my hometown as I can take. I hadn't been there is almost four years. Normally I would rent a car and drive up, but turns out taking a bus was cheaper and I figured since I would only be there for one evening what was the point of the extra expense. After that bus ride, I am splurging for a car next time!

These are all the reasons why!

~I had to be up at 5:30 am on a Saturday.
~I took public transit to the bus station. Why are there so many people using the subway at 6:30 on a Saturday morning?
~I had to be at the station one hour before my bus arrived to buy my ticket because the ticket line is always huge.
~I had to wait in the bus line up 30 minutes before it arrived as people started lining up at 7 am. It was raining (we were sheltered) cold and damp.
~80% of the people in the line were trailer trash/rednecks. 10 percent students and 5 percent elderly and 5% somewhat normal (I put myself selfishly in this category)
~As a bonus there were no screaming children and thankfully NO ONE sat beside me.
~3 of the passengers were a farmer and his two female companions. He put his arms up at one point. the entire bus filled with really nasty B/O. You can't open the windows on the bus. How the bus driver didn't pass out and crash the bus was a miracle.
~There was a very strange little man who spent the entire bus ride in the bathroom. Each time someone had to use it he would come out stand by the door and when they exited, he went back in.
~I have long legs and there is hardly any leg room.
~Aside from the smelly farmer the bus smelled weird.
~It was only a four hour trip... can you imaged a longer one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My parents felt sorry for me and drove me back...

2 comments:

LYD said...

*Singing off-key* The wheels on the bus go...C'mon Carolina! Sing with me!!

Tee Hee!

shebytches said...

round and round, round and rouuuuuuuund....