Saturday, April 29, 2006

I may have traveled half way around the world

Today it felt like I traveled half way around the world and back again. At least my feet feel that way. I had a very long list of things I needed to get and achieve today... I started at one end of the subway system and worked my way back. Eager to check the contents off the list as quickly as I could, I started my journey and the road down disappointment.

'Sold out, we don't carry that anymore, I don't think we have ever had that'... words that started to rub me like sand paper... finally at shopping stop number 4 and score... I was able to find one of the things on my list. Frustrated, hungry and in need of caffeine, I stopped for a few minutes to regroup. I decided to complete some of the non supply purchases end of the list. Big mistake.

Aren't people in customer service positions suppose to be.. well... helpful... one would think. As you will see in a previous blog I took the dreaded grey hound bus to where my parents live. Thankfully I didn't have to endure the ride back, but that meant I had to refund my ticket. Today I went to the station to do just that and had to deal with a ticket agent who looked like he was sucking on a sour candy... and a nasty piece of work sitting in the wicket beside him.

As I was dealing with Mr. Sour Puss, an eighty year old woman walked up to Ms. You Need to Stand in the Line to ask a question. After berating the poor thing and sending her on her way she had the nerve to say 'just because she is old.' We exchanged dirty looks as I was being shoved out of the way by the next customer. Mr. Sour Puss couldn't seem to get me out of the way fast enough. As he was shoving my money at me he was yelling "NEXT" Assholes.

After that fun experience, I strolled over to Chinatown in hopes of finding some of my supplies... one should never venture into Chinatown on a Saturday.. you can barely more for the crowds... but today had an added bonus.... on the way I was blocked by some protest.. then once I got there, I didn't realize it was 'International Hork Day.' Women, children and men alike were participating... I may have even seen a dog doing it... I walked four blocks dancing around the airborne phylum and the stuff on the ground... really is Horking necessary!!!!!!!

After Chinatown I headed to Queen Street. While in the shower this morning I had an idea for a new piece of merchandise. With a vision in my head I walked into what seemed to be the busiest store on the planet... I could barely move and once in the store was stuck and unable to get back out... after searching for 40 minutes and unable to get assistance from the clerks I finally found the things I need. (btw, tried making one tonight and I quite like it! Will get V's opinion tomorrow). Whoo hoo things off my list. About 20 more to go...

After some more running around Queen street and completely flabbergasted that I couldn't find anything... I hoped on the street car and headed east... there were more things I needed to get at the other end. This was a streetcar ride that almost put me over the top.

If the annoying 14 year old girls weren't bad enough, the lady with the really long dreadlocks, sitting in front of me, just about drove me to going postal. She hit me three times with her dreads... three times!!! On the third swat I said 'hey do you mind.' At which she gave me a dirty look... how dare I sit behind her... geez... her and her son got off the street car...

When I finally arrived at the other end... once again... 'sorry we seemed to be sold out.' fortunately they ordered me what I needed but it took the owner 15 minutes to explain it all to me... really I didn't need to know how you go about ordering stuff... just get it for me!!!!!

Of course my timing was off the entire day and I kept missing subway trains, streetcars and buses...

It took five hours to accomplish 4 things.... it should have only taken 2.

I need a margarita!

1 comment:

viki said...

Then you should have came to Hernandos AKA Margaritaville !!