Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What is wrong with the people in this city?

What is wrong with the people in this city?

Really! What the hell is wrong with people. This morning I stopped to help a woman in distress. She was biking along and somehow her shoelace got caught in her pedal and gears... when this happened she wiped out and got tangled up in her bike. At least half a dozen men saw what happened and walked right by her. They looked at her and did NOTHING! Similarily on my birthday I was being harrassed verbally and followed my a homeless man. Twice I had to yell at him to leave me alone or I was calling the cops and NO ONE, asked if I need help. I had to finally go into a coffee shop and was about to call the police when I then got into it with a man in the shop who said to me 'oh by the poor guy a coffee already'. I had it out with him as well. He assumed I was the problem. The people around me looked at me like I was the crazy one. I'm afraid to know what would have happened had he assaulted me. Am sure no one would have helped then either.

I am so tired of the shitty men of this city. The way they treat women is disgusting. I know there are a few good ones out there... but considering how many bad ones!!! And not that men are going to be any less shitty in another city, It is time for my next big change. I need to move out of this city. I've been thinking about it for a while and I think the time is getting near. Nothing is keeping me here. I do have some realestate to sell and some debt to pay off once the sale is complete. And it seems the Gods are sending me messages left right and centre as my job may also become obsolete soon. The time is near for me to make my big break. I am strongly considering either Montreal or New York City. I've had a strong desire to live in both places. As for Montreal, my cousin lives there so I wouldn't be completely on my own. Living in New York would be a dream for me. So once I have all my financial stuff taken care of and after my trip to Scotland, I need to start working on a plan to move in 2008.

As you can tell it's been a rough morning. It has been since I woke this morning. I have something weighing on my that I need to deal with. I need to speak up about something, but am having a hard time. Unless I get angry I can't express what I feel and am having issues with that right now. I know I need to just come out and say what I want to say but to avoid disappointment or possible hurt... I keep it bottled up. I let it eat away at me and put on that 'oh everything is just fine' face. It seems the only person on the face of the earth that get's past that is Anna... She keeps telling me to just do something or say something and get it over with and deal. I think it's time to take the really big leap of faith. Hopefully I land on my feet... and not my ass.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry it was so dreadful. I find a lot of terrible behaviour on the TTC. And what's with all the cars parked in the bike lanes?

Moving to a new city can be fun!
Do you keep a journal? It probably sounds flakey, but maybe you can start writing every day, whatever crappy thoughts come to mind, and hopefully you’ll get some good ideas after you start getting stuff off your chest. Do you know about The Artist’s Way? It’s kinda neat.