Monday, August 20, 2007

A Jon Cusack Moment

Last night I watched two Jon Cusack movies, Better off Dead and Grosse Point Blank. I use to have a mad crush on him, but what girl didn't? That's not the point I'm working towards though. It seems that every Jon Cusack movie I watch has a hidden question. And it always seems to be the same one. Jon's character usually falls for someone and he usually has trouble telling that person how he really feels. Then eventually goes over board.

Have you ever completely connected with someone, but you don't say anything, because you aren't sure if the other person has these feelings as well or afraid the answer might not be what you want to hear? It seems that when we feel that type of connection for someone and if there is even a small amount of uncertainty, we become little turtles and hide in our shells.

There is a scene in the movie where Jon is too terrified to do something and is about to take the easy way out, but one of his friends tells him to 'Buck up little buddy, buck up.' Why is it so hard for us to buck up... and so easy to retreat to our shells? The problem is we all sit around waiting for the other person to buck up. Eventually someone has too... what happens when you are impatient, like me. I hate waiting games, hate puzzles, hate not knowing. I start to squirm. Yet am too stubborn to be the one to buck up.

No comments: