Monday, August 27, 2007

this cat has a weird obsession with me.....

Anna's male cat Limey... has this weird obsession with me. It started with him constantly staring at me, jumping up as soon as I am my laptop and insisting on laying across my keyboard. It seems we have progressed from that to him emulating what I'm doing on my key board (ie pushing the enter pad and then looking at me saying ha!), to waking me up at three in the morning.

For the past few weeks, he has become more aggressive. It started with crawling into bed with me in the evening and simply purring and staring at me. Occasionally he would put his bum in my face. About a week and a half ago, he started laying down with me, purring and tapping my face to get my attention. I would rub his belly for a while and then this appeared to satisfy him and he would wander off... Now he does this plus is waking me up at three in the morning.

Limey will start off by loudly purring, staring and slobbering on you. When that doesn't work he will softly touch your face with his paw, rub his face against yours or as he started doing last night, licking my nose. When that doesn't work the tapping on the face gets a bit more aggressive with him flexing his claws. I try so incredibly hard to pretend I am still asleep, but... it doesn't work.. I end up waking up in a fit of giggles. Of course, once this happens I am duty bound to rub his belly for no less than an half hour. After that he falls asleep.

The way I see it... if Limey was a man, he would be a sexoholic. We call him the cat whore.. and lately he has been living up to his name.

No comments: